Sunday, November 30, 2008

Spokane Trip - Thanksgiving 2008

Savannah and I got back from our trip to Spokane in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. We left Spokane at 8:30am (Pacific Standard Time) and arrived in Raleigh at around 9:00pm (Eastern Time). That was a full day of flying! But we weren't done yet - then we had to get our luggage, wait for a shuttle back to our hotel and then drive home from Raleigh! Needless to say, we were exhausted when we finally got home and fell into John's arms. Jacob had fallen asleep waiting for us, but we were able to rouse him and got some hugs and kisses from him too.


The trip was a blast! I haven't laughed so much or been hugged so many times in a long time. After 8 years, everyone was a little older, a little grayer, a little...ummm...more robust! The kids aren't such kids anymore. Many of them are parents themselves now and I was able to see my great nieces and nephews too. We ate all kinds of unhealthy (but yummy) food, went to the mall several times and we even got to celebrate Lori's wedding with her.











I just want to thank each and every one of my family members for your love and hospitality. We felt like celebrities the whole time we were there. It was amazing. I love you all and promise not to wait another 8 years to do it again. God bless you all.




























No comments: